From the pristine beaches and finest natural harbors to a dramatic landscape that is characterized by deep valleys and towering peaks, this island is strikingly beautiful and worth exploring.
St Lucia gives you an opportunity to drive through a volcano. You will also be amazed to wake up to a symphony from the birds of paradise as they are commonly known.
Unlike the rest of the Caribbean, this island offers diverse cuisine and culture that is distinguished by Indian, African, French, Spanish, British and Caribbean influences.There are many reasons you need to go on vacation on this Caribbean island.
Top 5 Attractions to Look Out for in St. Lucia
Apart from being an ideal destination to relax, this island boasts of numerous attractions that offer adventure. Consequently, you can engage in many fun activities that will complete your vacation experience.
Here are the top 5 attractions you must visit in St. Lucia
• The Pitons – These are twin towers and a major topographic feature that soar from the sea to unbelievable heights. The small piton that is also referred to as Petit Piton stands at 750 meters while the large Piton that is also known as Gros Piton stands at 798 meters.
These Pitons that are a result of volcanic activity dating back to over 300,000 years ago attract visitors by their scenic beauty.
• Anse Chastanet Coral Reef – This is a treasure trove of marine life where you can see soft corals, colored sponges, brain corals and boulder coral. You can also see frogfish among other fish varieties like wrasse, goatfish, parrotfish, barracudas and chromis.
There is also a lace coral ecosystem that is home to crabs, eels and lobsters. Above the surface, you will enjoy the breeze on the sheltered beach as well as amazing views of the Pitons.
• Marigot Bay – This is considered the most beautiful bay St. Lucia has to offer. Vista point offers the best view of this bay where you can see lush hillsides plunging in the pretty beach that is palm fringed.
There are also yachts on the deep blue waters. You can catch a water shuttle here to get to bay hotels on the other side.
• Morne Coubaril Estate – This popular stop within the tourist circuit overlooks that elegant plantation of coconuts, cocoa as well as manioc. You can go on a guided tour of these plantations as well as the tropical gardens where you can see the processing of these food products.
There is also a traditional village replica where you can see what life was like back in the day. Conclude your tour by enjoying a hearty Creole food at this plantation’s restaurant.
• Soufriere – A fishing village around the beautiful bay. Some of the prominent features of this town include the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the town square.
There is so much to sight see at the Wharf especially cruises. It is also important to note that this is the birth place of Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte’s wife, Josephine.
Guide to scuba diving in St Lucia #GuidetoscubadivinginStLucia https://t.co/uJiaGkXgTH pic.twitter.com/YeirGsHqJR— St Lucia VR (@StLuciaVR) March 30, 2017
There are many other attractions as well as things to do in St Lucia. Some of the activities that you can engage in include snorkeling, diving, horse riding, sailing, excursions, bird watching, fishing, hiking and sun bathing among others.
In summary, you cannot go wrong with a vacation in St. Lucia rather, you can be sure to have a time of your life.
About the author: Andrew Prince is the sales and marketing contact at Vacation Rental St Lucia .
I am the marketing manager at vacation rental st Lucia we provide some the finest accommodation and tours options on the island. Contact us today ……We got space for you.
Please share this article on Facebook, Linkedin,Twitter or Instagram if you find this article very helpful.